Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Coming Home

Tonight we leave at 10:00 pm for America. Our time has been rich and so
memorable! We will TRULY miss Ethiopia. The kids can't believe it is
over as they have done so well adapting and being flexible. I must
admit I am surprised with how much they love it here despite the
restrooms and things just being so different from what they know. I am
so happy that God has made Ethiopia close to their hearts. They are
proud of their heritage and that warms me over. Malachi is a gem and I
hope he likes planes:) The babypack has been very helpful as there are
not a lot of places for him to crawl around. He is very active and will
fit in perfect with my other four active ones:)

We can't thank you enough for your prayers and support. We have felt
covered in prayer-- more than at any other time in my life that I can
recall. God has truly blessed us and I am humbled by His love.

Our drivers have said it will be hard to have us leave. I would think
they would be relieved as we have put the miles on their van. They have
been beyond drivers, but friends. We will miss them.

it is hard to leave Aser's family. They have been so so kind and
helpful to us.

See you so soon!!! Friday at 9:22pm we land in Oregon and home again...

Love--Kimberly for Heye Family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most likely on the plane right now, we will be praying for a great flight home and look forwarding to seeing the family!

Love,
The Proccaccini's

Jesi Q said...

By now you should be in the air and on your way. Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing such an incredible time with your blog followers! I know this must be such a bittersweet time as you leave Ethiopia, and I'm so glad you were able to experience it as a family.

Welcome home Malachi!

Wendy said...

What an amazing journey you have had an what a wonderful family you are continuing to grow. Thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with us...and WELCOME HOME!

Wendy